With just a few months to go Bloodstock organisers have locked down the last handful of Ronnie James Dio Main Stage and Sophie Lancaster Stage bands, as the Metal 2 The Masses finals roll through the UK to find the best of the grass roots to flesh out the New Blood stage.
Here’s a quick look at who will be joining the metal masses at Catton Hall in August.
1. Xentrix (Main Stage)
– Having recently signed to Listenable Records, Xentrix are set to release a new studio album, ‘Bury The Pain’ on 7th June and will be gracing the main stage on Friday.
2. Karybdis (Sophie Stage)
– Joining the Sophie stage bill on Friday are British death metallers, Karybdis. The band released their third studio album, In The Shadow Of Paradise last year, which you can pick up over on their Bandcamp Page.
3. Control The Storm (Sophie Stage)
– A former winner of Metal 2 The Masses competition back in 2012, melodic metal crew Control The Storm are back to appear on Friday’s Sophie stage with plans afoot to release their second album, Forevermore this summer.
4. Helheim (Sophie Stage)
– The pioneers of Norwegian Viking Metal, Helheim land a Saturday set on the Sophie stage. Hailing from Bergen, you can find their latest blackened sounds on new album, Rignir, released late last month by Dark Essence.
5. Guardians Of Time
There’s more from our Norwegian brethren, with Guardians of Time also bagging a Saturday slot on the Sophie stage to showcase their brand of heavy/power metal. Their fifth album, Tearing Up The World came out in October 2018 and features guest appearances from none other than Abbath and Tim ‘Ripper’ Owens.
6. Odd Crew
– Bulgarian metalheads, Odd Crew have also landed a Saturday slot. Taking influence from bands like Black Sabbath, Pantera and Killswitch Engage the band released their fifth studio album, The Lost Pages last year.
Bloodstock will take place at Catton Park, Derbyshire on 8th-11th August 2019. Get info on ticket packages and additional information over at www.bloodstock.uk.com.